Help Save Walter!


HELP SAVE WALTER!

Gala Darling posted a link in her weekly link roundup to the blog of a sweet little dog named Walter. Turns out Walter was found in Brooklyn after being thrown from a car window and abandoned. Not only had he suffered injury, he also has a terrible case of the Mange. While he was quickly rushed by wonderful people to the emergency room, you can imagine the puppy medical bills start piling up. These incredible people took Walter in when they had no obligation to him whatsoever. They've found him a wonderful home for after he recovers and he's continually surrounded by kind hearted people. I made a donation to help save Walter. It wasn't much but every penny counts! You can help out if you choose! CLICK HERE to read Walter's story and CLICK HERE if you'd like to donate on his behalf. (The good news is that the Vets belief Walter should make a full recovery and be able to lead a healthy, active, normal life!)

I guess the reason I feel so strongly about this is because it hits so close to home. We took in a little Bichon Frise named Bert when I was a little bitty kid who had been thrown from a window. I had him for 13 wonderful years and he was my best friend. All he needed was that second chance. Even if you can't help in monetary form, head over to HELP SAVE WALTER and leave something kind. Help spread the word, too!

My sweet little Bert... (painting by Silje)


And a few more photos of the adorable little Walter.




Help give Walter his second chance!

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I saw that post... So sad! It looks like little Walter will be ok though!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so so sad. but im glad walter is okay now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish no living creature would get treated in that way; that is very sad. i hope walter will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Walter :( He's so sweet, I hope he keeps getting stronger!

    I was wondering- you know the coding you have under your buttons for people to direct link? Is there a name for that? I've been trying to do it on my blog but I cannot for the life of me find the correct coding to do so, mostly because I don't really know what to search for!
    And everybody I have asked doesn't know because somebody else had done it for them! If you have any idea I would appreciate it, thanks so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sin! It breaks my heart to see people act so carelessly toward animals just because they think that they don't have feelings... animals can feel just as deeply as humans, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I submitted this to a website www.reddit.com in hopes of some donations. I think it's a great cause, and it's absolutely heart breaking to think that people in our society are able to abuse animals like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god. That seriously made me cry :( That poor dog... When my husband and I retire, we plan on buying a ranch where we'll create a rescue shelter for dogs, any and all. We have 40-50 some years before then, but it's the plan!

    ReplyDelete

HEY! Thanks for dropping by. xo KB