I Wear My Heart On My Sleeve





No frilly gills outfit title today! I think Mike might be outside in the hammock so I'm going to try my own go at it! I feel like it's appropriate seeing as I'm wearing a heart pattern cardigan. Ooh la la! It's currently Friday evening and I'm wasting the next hour away until I leave for work. Work... ::grumble::. This is the outfit I wore to Nashville on Thursday when we took my Xterra to have the window motor fixed. I'm lucky they gave me a rental car, and it seems that I'll be in my granny-mobile until Monday. I hope they don't try to stick me with the bill! I'll be one hot tamale!

Anywhoo, I was overjoyed when these shoes came in the mail! I tried them on originally at Edge of Urge in Wilmington when we visited 2 weeks ago. They were *perfect*... and by perfect I mean half a size too big. I departed NC without buying them, thinking I could find a smaller size online. Um no. Apparently they don't exist. I'm not sure what it is with Jeffrey Campbell shoes but they go like hot cakes and they're impossible to find when they're sold out. Hours of Googling failed me so I just bit the bullet and ordered these online. Thank goodness for that option! They're skyhigh and perfect! I still need to get a little heel insert so they fit perfectly, but I'm in awe! The dress is a black eyelet pattern frock from Forever 21, and the cardi is from F21 as well. The belt is a 25 cent Goodwill find and the tights are old Target ones. (Note all of the makeup smudges and puppy hair! Yeesh!) The bag is my Salvation Army thrift find from earlier this week and the shoes, of course, are Jeffrey Campbell Daisy-D Platform Wedges! *swoon!* I feel like a giant in them! Definitely a change of pace for little ol' 5'2 me.

Mike is headed down to Alabama on Saturday to assist a photographer friend with a bridal portrait shoot. I'll be spending the day pouring over rental homes, crafty plans, blog designs, emails, and scheduled posts. Always on the go! Well.. I'm out of here! Stay tuned for a little birthday wishy-wishlist and sponsorship introductions later! xo

Forever 21 eyelet dress
Forever 21 heart cardigan
Thrifted Goodwill belt
Target tights
Thrifted Salvation Army bag
Jeffrey Campbell Daisy-D Platform Wedges

39 comments:

  1. i LOVE your shoes - and your hair looks amazing up! this outfit is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edge of Urdge is the best boutique. I wish I lived in Wilmington so I could shop there all the time. I love the shoes and your cardigan! All the colors in this outfit look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove this outfit!! The cardigan and those shoes are fantastic <3 I really want the pair in leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cardigan! It's so cute and pretty :)

    The shoes are gorgeous! It's always annoying when you find a pair that you love but they're either too big or too small! Luckily you can get a little insert for yours!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit! The cardigan is lovely and the handbag too! Plus, I take my hat off to you for being able to walk in those formidable (but gorgeous!) shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so adorable! those wedges are killing me! want!!!!! ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaelah, you are absolutely gorgeous!!
    Happy Saturday!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute bag girl :) great outfit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love it! i've just recently discovered jeffrey campbell shoes and now my obsession has started! i would love to get a pair eventually. and heel inserts? what are those? do they go underneath the arch of your foot because if so that's usually my problem with heels too and i didn't know there was a solution to them lol.

    meghan
    http://clotheshunger.blogspot.com

    ps - i just found your blog like a week ago and i was immediately drawn to it because of your tattoos. i'm tattooed as well (though no sleeves yet) and it's nice to see a tattooed person dress well instead of the standard punk or goth uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, i cannot say enough how much i love this outfit!! the shoes are to die for. gosh. too cute. and i love your topknot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! Those shoes are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever since I first saw those shoes I thought they were absolute perfection! The whole outfit is super cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shoes are sooo cute!!!
    And I love your cardi

    ReplyDelete
  14. One my fab outfits! I need that cardigan and those shoes go amazingly well with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, I want those shoes! THey're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that cardigan!! I am obsessed with knitwear..and that is so cute!

    Those shoes are also very awesome!



    Miss Roo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, those shoes are absolutely heavenly & beautifully paired with your adorable cardigan + dress. Have a lovely weekend. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so great! Your shoes are to die for! <33

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those shoes are perfect, so pretty xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE those shoes!! =D xo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. holy moley those shoes are AWESOME!!!! and i love your hair this way. so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate that last hour until work begins! :-|
    I want your purse, hehe.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh the cardi is gorgeous! l<3ve it! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those shoes are beyond awesome! I love your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those shoes are amazing! I still havent ventured into Jeffrey Campbell territory but I know it won't be long till I do!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore that sweater!! And belt!! and shoes!! and purse!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely ADORE this whole outfit. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really don't like Jeffery Campbell shoes but you make them work :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. ZOMG!!!!!!!! SHOOOOOSSSS!!!!

    The end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh YAY! I'm so glad you got the shoes! I saw you tweeting about it and yep, Jeffrey Campbell shoes are SO hard to find. I thought I would never find a pair of JC splendid sandal platforms after they sold out online, then I randomly saw a pair in a store here in New Zealand! (And snaffled them up, of course!)

    All that to say I love your shoes, you look gorgeous in them, and your outfit is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. awww this outfit is so lovely, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. you are so lovely!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. you are so adorable! I love the heart cardigan and shoes; also love your hair up!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This outfit is adorable, just like those amaazing shoes!! I would have done exactly what you did and bought them a size up, they are just too lovely to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those shoes are amazing!

    One day, I will spot you in Nashville and probably have a heart attack. Or at least I dream about spotting you in Nashville. Your just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  36. @Bryce: haha well you'll have a better shot bc I thunk we *might* be moving to Nashville for a bit! Looking at a house today! At the very least we'll be there alllll day :P <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh wow, too many pretties to name!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. i adore your hairstyle, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

HEY! Thanks for dropping by. xo KB