// Pie In The Sky

little chief honeybee kaelah bee
Okay - for real - let's just talk about this dress. A pie dress, y'all! Does it not just scream "Chuck-from-Pushing-Daisies" to you?! (Sidenote: If you haven't watched Pushing Daisies, do it now! I'm still heartbroken that they canceled it!) ModCloth killed it with this one. The cut, the pattern, everything. I want this dress in every awesome pattern possible. I love that it's long enough that I don't feel "exposed"! I wish all dresses were this length. I kept it super simple with just a cardigan and flats because when you're wearing a pie decorated with tons of pies, you don't really need accessories. (But the thought just occurred to me - a little pie/slice brooch would be darling! Who wants to collaborate?!)

I wore this on Saturday when Mike and I were loading up the (almost) last bit of our house in East Nashville. I also had the privilege of speaking on a social media panel at The Skillery's first Nashville Creativity Summit. It seemed like such a cool conference and I wish I had been able to stay for the whole day. It was my first time doing any sort of public speaking about blogging and let me tell you what: it was a learning experience! First of all, I'm amazed I didn't throw up on myself. Serious. Secondly, I am the least articulate person in the world. Lastly, I don't think I like talking about "how" I blog, as though it's "right" ya know what I mean? I don't know. I just felt awkward! Like, I don't know what I'm doing on here 99% of the time and I just wing it ha! I also didn't feel worthy of being on the panel with two ladies whose social media voice is strictly based on their (great) businesses. My blog is so personal that I just felt a fish out of water! It was great though, no doubt - both Liza and Kate gave such awesome answers. I feel like I learned more than I could share myself.
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
Today Mike woke up feeling a wee bit under the weather, which is a rare thing for him. He powered through a styled/product photoshoot for Elle at our house though. It was great being able to show Elle + Bryan what we've accomplished with the house so far. Any excuse to spend time with good friends! After the shoot wrapped we headed back over to my parents house so I could soak in a bath and Mike could rest with a whole lot of NyQuil. Here's to hoping we're a bit more productive on the renovation front tomorrow!

We've got just one trip to Nashville left to tie up loose ends with the house and then we'll be country-living! I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure. I've booked myself up with design clients for the next several weeks and that's both exciting and exhausting to think about. I'm hoping Spring will bring some mojo my way and I can feel a bit revived. I think I've been teetering on the edge of a "transformation" of sorts, but I've just lacked the confidence or push maybe? I don't know. Brain mush! I'm trying to figure it all out haha, but aren't we all?
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
Here's to hoping you have a very sunny + productive week ahead of you! (And I'm not kidding -- if you haven't seen Pushing Daisies, go watch it now!)

ModCloth "My Kind of Pie" dress
Romwe cardigan
*Sorry I'm totally clueless on the sunglasses and flats! They don't have brands on them, but I think they're from Romwe or maybe SheInside?!

40 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous! i love love love this dress! i wish it wasn't sold out!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah that's totally something Chuck would wear. The Piemaker would be proud :')

    http://inbetweenidols.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress! Those shoes! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASDF I'VE WANTED THAT DRESS FOREVER BUT IT'S ALWAYS SOLD OUT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is ADORABLE. And I really love the sunglasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove your outfit! I need to get that dress. Are u leaving Tennessee or just Nashville?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaelah, you are adorable! If ever there was a dress seemingly made for you, this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this dress and I agree: It's very Ned + Chuck!! and The way you styled it is absolutely perfect!!
    PS Pie brooch: http://www.etsy.com/listing/29493691/merit-badge-for-being-sweet-as-pie?ref=usr_faveitems

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Kaelah, this is one of my favorite outfits you've ever worn. And that' saying something, because I like a lottttt of your outfits. The cat-eye sunglasses were the perfect touch!

    xo Julie
    ♥Julie Rose Sews♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dress! Anything having to do with baked goods will automatically become my favorite thing!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress rocks! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute dress, and you look adorable in it!
    As for it being reminiscent of Pushing Daisies...you're so right, and now I'll have to go mourn that show all over again...
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorei o blog, muito lindo, amei tudo. Parabéns mesmo, vou sempre estar aqui (:

    ontendency.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved that show too! It's always my luck that a quirky show I fall in love with, gets canceled. How fabulous were Chuck's aunts? This dress is so cute and of course you look amazing in it. Perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such a beautiful dress! I love the pie pattern you totally right ModCloth got it perfect.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kate Gabrielle has a couple of cute accessories for the pie dress! Sweater clips (here: http://www.storenvy.com/products/913604-handmade-twin-peaks-sweater-clips) and this punny pin (here: http://www.storenvy.com/products/1062554-handmade-cutie-pi-brooch) would be perfect! Also, I love your blog!! :)

    Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that dress, I hope I can get it soon. and I am still heart broken that they cancelled Pushing Daises. My all time favourite show, I have watched it countless times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congats on the {nearly} completed move & the conference! & I couldn't agree more about the dress length-- its universally the most flattering, but so hard to find!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. that dress - is killing me! and even worse - it's out of stock. i need it on my body!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, I was so so heartbroken when they cancelled Pushing Daisies!! It was like Dr Suess had designed the set and the story line was magical. I'm so gutted it went :( I'm glad someone else out there watched and loved it! I don't know anyone else who did!!x

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow this dress is amazing.
    such a cute print.
    your hair looks perfect.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute! ModCloth is the best.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing frock! ModCloth are currently on point with their dresses! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahhh this dress is so perfect! I can't say no to it! You always have the cutest dresses. I need this dress just to have. <3_<3

    xoxo Sara @ tinysugarbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. As a huge pushing daisies fan- take note that they are rerunning the series on the chiller network if you have cable starting in march. I've already set it to dvr

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm usually not into animal or food patterned clothes, but I adore this dress!
    Also, I totally feel you with the "on the edge of transformation/brain mush" part. I feel the same way! I feel like I'm about to "hit it big" (not like, lottery style) and yet there's something holding me back that I can't quite put my finger on.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your hair looks fabulous, but also I'm dying that you referenced Pushing Daisies, because that show was the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aggh, why isn't Modcloth easier to get in the UK!? Actually, maybe that's a good thing in terms of my bank balance ;) you look beautiful as per usual sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is indeed a dream dress and you look awesome in it. (I hope this isn't a weird thing to say, but I love all the cute food-themed things you post! I don't eat meat, but we have a lot of fast food/dessert paraphernalia in our home.) -steph

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it!! Anddd now I want to watch Pushing Daisies. I hope it's still on netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  31. First off, I miss Pushing Daisies so much. Everything was so adorable in that show, minus the dead people.

    Also, LOVE that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i LOVE that dress. i've been literally stalking it on modcloth for weeks for a restock. fingers crossed it happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. this outfit is just the best. seriously— that cut is amazing on you! i agree that when i find something that fits so perfectly i *really* just want to somehow clone it in every single color!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Adore this outfit! What a great dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is completely adorable. Love love.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm super late seeing this post, but I'm in love with your pie print dress. The first thing I thought of was Pushing Daisies so I love that that's what you thought of too! The dress is such a flattering shape and your sunglasses are fantastic with it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG I just saw this on Modcloth and I DIE. I designed this fabric for Robert Kaufman - never would I have imagined a dress made from it. SOO CUTE!! Thanks so much for posting!!

    ReplyDelete

HEY! Thanks for dropping by. xo KB