// Polka Dot Trot

little chief honeybee kaelah bee
Are you guys like, super over me posting nothing but outfits lately? haha Normally I get dressed like once a week, now here I am... 4 in 5 days! I skipped out blogging yesterday so I could catch up on returning comments, reading new favorites, and you know, washing my hair. I found so many rad blogs to subscribe to just by going through the comments left here! Anyway -- I wore this outfit on Sunday for Toby's Gotcha Day. We spent some time with family and all that fun stuff. I picked up this dress + cardigan last weekend because I can never resist a good polka dot. I didn't try on the dress at the store because it was super crowded and crowds make me cranky (way to go KB, going to the biggest mall in Tennessee on a Saturday...) Luckily it fits like a glove! I think mint + navy might be a new favorite color combo, too. I like that it's long enough to wear without tights, but I do still wish it was just a smidge longer! Either way, I went for it. I thought the orange was a nice contrast and I even pulled my old Blowfish Garrens from their shelf. I've had these shoes for 2+ years and they're still so comfortable. Do you think the outfit needs more gravity (darker shoes)? [Btw - this dress also comes in red! And the cardigan comes two more colors: cream and red! I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to get. The cardigans are seriously perfect!]
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
Lately I've been trying to decide what tattoo I'll be getting next. I've been meaning to make an appointment for weeks but I can't decide which of my plans I want to get first. I've made the decision to take my half sleeve to another full, and also work on sleeving the rest of my right leg. Both my mom and Mike shook their head when I mentioned my plans... haha welllll.... Our friends Brian and Christina said they're coming to visit at the end of the month (they'll be here for my birthday!) and Christina plans on making a tattoo appointment while she's here so I might as well make an appointment with each of my artsits and just knock out the plans asap, right?! 
little chief honeybee kaelah bee
I really cannot wait for the weather to break. It's supposed to be rainy and cold all week, but I'm hoping March will be sunshine and greenery. We set up our hammock on our deck the other day and I can't wait to lay in the sun! Since we live so close to my parents now, I also plan on taking full advantage of their pool. As sacrilege as it is to say (in terms of tattoo care and you know, health in general), I really miss having a tan. Even just a nice natural bronze. I'm just so pale!

Forever 21 dress
Forever 21 cardigan
Maja purse c/o Little Black Bag
Garren wedges c/o Blowfish (2+ years ago)


PS; Just a heads up! I'm accepting sponsors for the month of March! If you want to reach 500,000 potential readers/customers, feel free to pop over to the Sponsor page and check it out! Shoot me an email for rates + availability! [FYI: I now offer one PRIME sponsor spot if you want to all eyes on you!] -- If you've ever sponsored LCH in the past, I'm offering 20% off each ad spot! Just give me a shout to claim the savings :)

40 comments:

  1. Ahhh I LOVE this outfit (and the title of the post)! I'm going to Forever 21 at the end of this week so I'll keep an eye out for those cardigans - so cute! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Forever 21 is basically the most annoying shop in the universe to shop at. It is ALWAYS packed to the max! I hate it but I, too, endure the madness for the sake of pretty dresses. You've outdone yourself with this combo. Thumbs wayyyy up!

    I'm itching to get my next tattoo, too! You saw the one I just got (thanks for the sweet words!) less than two weeks ago and I'm already ready for my next. Now to gather the funds....

    <3 Lauren at in between idols.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your bare legs! We have 14+" of snow :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes outfit posts are just the easiest thing to do, but I always love how you don't just talk about the outfit, instead you still talk about what's going on in your life. It makes the post so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combo!! I think some brighter/darker shoes would look great too. I know what you mean about dress length, 90% of dresses I just wish they were a little longer, not a huge fan of my knees!

    Hope the weather gets nicer over there soon. I can't wait til I can live somewhere where sunshine isn't some momentous event! England is just so grey and cold alll the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, another tattoo!! exciting :) I love that dress... so pretty. question: do you ever wear jeans?! do you even own jeans?! I've been reading for so long, and don't think i've ever seen you wear jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how sweet and happy your photos are! they always cheer me up. loving the whimsical polka dots and rustic barn backdrop!
    kw, ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I never considered navy+mint together, but I do love that combination!

    Also - your parents have a pool?! Sweet, looks like I just found my new summer hangz :B ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother is also unimpressed when I mention new tattoos. I just finished a tribute tattoo to my grandparents on my arm, and I have another appointment scheduled in two weeks for a new one. I have so many ideas for future tattoos, it's hard to decide which one next! But so awesome to see the progress once you do decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay more tattoos, I'm planning on getting my second tattoo in a few months, I'm so excited. I want to go get a bunch done but I gotta go slow. I can't wait to see what you plan on getting. I think your tattoos look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see what other tattoos you get! You make them look so beautiful. I love your outfit.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  12. The outfit works really well, and you are very brave to have a tattoo, I'd be worried with even one! ahaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress looks great on you! I have had my eye on it in the store because it reminds me SO much of a dress I had when I was little. My little mint polka dot dress is actually still hanging up in my old closet at my Mom's. It was too cute and perfect to do away with. Since I'm not planning on having kids, I really hope my brother has a little girl so I can pass it on.

    Laura
    www.blueeyedbookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just got my 8th? tattoo. Sadly, my body doesn't like the color red and I've ended up with some pretty nasty scabbage because of the rejection. Dunno why I'm sharing that, haha.

    Love the outfit, once again. I wish my legs weren't so massive so I could wear dresses without tights. Damn you, thunder thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you imagine how crowded OM will be when H&M opens?! lol. I too am having trouble deciding about tatts. I have 1 that needs to be covered up, 1 that needs to be added to, and at least 3 new designs I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want that dress so badly... But buttons across the tatas don't exactly go well for me..
    love the color combo, though! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the mint and navy blue too! I hear ya with the tan and tattoos! My legs are soo white!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this outfit! I use to hate polka dots for the longest time but I finally came to my sense as a teenager.

    xo Amber P.
    http://theowlsden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh girl— you look STUNNING in a collared dress! and i don't think you need more weight in the shoes— i love a nude heel!

    as far as sans tights + wishing for winter— i am RIGHT THERE with you! my last outfit post is filled with my favorite pastel floral blazer. . . I am craving spring + warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see what your tattoo ends up like!

    Becky
    xx
    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eeeeee I bought this dress on Monday! I don't wanna sound like a stalker but when I saw it I thought 'that is deffo a kaelah dress'- clearly I was right! You look stunning dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your style so much! thanks for all this beautiful & stylish inspiration * all the best julia

    ReplyDelete
  23. That cardigan is the perfect length and it has polka dots!!!! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those shoes are so cute.
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love you outfit and can't wait to see the new tattoo!
    http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Guuhh, every visit to your blog just leaves me jelous.
    Of your cardigan collection, the awesome locations you have to shoot photos and a new tattoo?! I need more..money is a pain in the bum! haha
    - Danielle http://thesweetnesstalks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet combination - loving the double dots!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahh, I think I have this cardigan in red! I'm obsessed with it.
    I lovee your outfit, the dress is super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the cardigan, and the color of that dress is wonderful!! So cute!!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. looking so pretty so nice handbag. . beautifull pics .nice blog . i like it
    Parfum pas cher.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so jealous of all your dresses and your shoes!

    lizzie-florence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am loving your outfit posts! They motivate me to actually wear something besides yoga pants and t-shirts. Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Navy polka-dot sweater - so perfect! Regarding the shoes - do you have any camel coloured shoes? Still neutral, but just a bit darker. I'm biased though and love brown. :D

    mn2nz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute outfit! I'm loving polka dots at the moment as well. I love the navy, but I'd definitely be tempted by the cream one too! Regarding the shoes: I would try a slightly darker brown - maybe a warm tan or camel? Still neutral but just a bit darker. I am probably biased though in that I love brown!

    mn2nz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your outfit posts! and you always have such great backdrops- something I have always struggled with. I adore your polka dot on polka dot- and I can't wait to see what your next tattoo ends up being!

    robutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow I do love the mint and navy and orange combo! So perfect for spring. I can't believe it's warm enough for bare legs over near you! I'm in NC and it's still freezing! You look lovely though. xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. this outfit is kinda cute!

    oh and just in case you read this comment.. it would be nice if you would add "name" or "url" to the "comment as" function.. so in my case my blog is a self-hosted wordpress blog and i cannot add it there .. and i think there are a few more like me??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I allow every option of commenting except Anonymous (due to the high number of spam comments on Blogger). You're more than welcome to link to your blog at the end of your comment if you'd like. I only mark them spam if they're obviously self-promotional :) thanks for your suggestion

      Delete

HEY! Thanks for dropping by. xo KB