// Birds Of A Feather

Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
Happy Friday, friends! I'm excited to be gearing up for another sun-and-fun-filled weekend, even though it felt like I didn't get much done this week. I guess driving back and forth to the nearby towns takes up a lot of time. Yesterday we had to drive back over to the neighboring town to fix my driver's license. Seems that when I went to get my new one on Tuesday the attendant accidentally misspelled my name. I didn't even notice until I tried to change my name with PayPal and they declined it again! (Don't even get me started on PayPal and their refusal to spell my name right... for years now! Ugh) Luckily it was a pretty quick fix since they let me skip the line and scoot on out of there. After that we drove around, saw Mike's stepmom at her office, ate delicious Mexican food, and nabbed me an upgrade to an iPhone 5 (Holy fast! And the camera! I'm so tardy to the party but I don't even care haha). By the time we drove back to town and took care of some insurance stuff, we decided to abandon all responsibilities and go swimming. It was nice to swim when the sun was down low and the heat had gone for the night. So incredibly relaxing! Mike treated us to some delicious chicken for dinner and we capped out the night with several episodes of Veep. I don't mean to brag, but it was a pretty rad day overall! Good thing you can't really notice my busted lip! Ahh. I woke up yesterday morning with a gnarly bruised and swollen lip. I think Mike may have elbowed me in our sleep or something (or maybe one of the dogs hit me with their head) but holy moly that thing hurts! I was able to hide it a bit in my license photo but man I'll be happy when it heals.
Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
I had been toying with whether or not I was going to send this dress back, but in the end I (obviously) kept it. I'm a pretty short gal and these "pin up" style dresses with circle skirts tend to be too long. Luckily opting for heels made all the difference. (Well, we first tried to prepare the skirt to be hemmed... but have you hemmed a circle skirt?! No thanks!) I really didn't want to send it back because it's such a great cut and pattern! Flamingos! My favorite bird! I also really liked the cloth belt and how deep the V goes in the back (We didn't snap any photos, but you can see it here!) At the end of the day I'm really glad I kept it because I know I'll wear it a ton. I topped it off with my new Kate Spade clutch (here's a better photo of what it looks like! I love it and want the other one, too!) and some tortoise sunglasses. I think these sunglasses have officially beat out my RayBans as my favorite (and bonus, they're way way way cheaper! $10!) I was ever so graciously offered these from Threads and I had a blast picking them out. (Are you familiar with Shop It To Me? Well, Threads is their new deal and it's the best! You can pick styles/brands/themes and set it to your actual sizes, then they bring up every item that's on sale! I'm cheap and love a discount, so I'm in heaven haha Here's an invite if you want to give it a go yourself!) I don't know if you can see my nail polish below, but I'm sporting some straight mermaid nails! I layered a teal glitter polish over metallic turquoise (both Julep brand!) and I'm in love. I don't normally do colors like this but I'm sort of feeling it.
Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
These photos were taken at the train station in town. This building is the original 1896 NC&StL Hohenwald Depot which was restored to it's original appearance in the mid-80's. It was one of the first buildings constructed in town and it welcomed the new settlers. Later, it witnessed visits from Thomas Edison (coming to the region to find Cobalt) and William Wrigley. It also served as a work site for German prisoners of war during WWII. It's kind of cool what you can find in a sleepy Southern town. 
Birds Of A Feather - Kaelah Bee
Now that I've given you a seemingly pointless history lesson, I'm going to try to make the most of today. I should really use today to hammer out some details for upcoming plans and trips. There's a fun blogger meetup going on with some friends in Nashville tomorrow night so I'm hoping I can get my ducks in a row to attend. My friend Maya is going to be my hot date haha! If any of y'all are in/around Nashville and want to join, shoot me an email! I'd love to pass along an invite! The more the merrier :)

MIA Jukebox wedges

21 comments:

  1. You look stunning! I love this cut on you.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hohenwald" sounds so German, even without the prisoners of war haha I envy your dress collection! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
    xx
    Johanna
    Dear Life, We Need To Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's German for "High Forest" (it's very wooded here) - the two settlements of Hohenwald + New Switzerland joined at the end of the 1800s!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your dress. People getting your name wrong is so annoying. I got 'Haleigh' at Starbucks the other day! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty spot to take photos and sounds like an awesome day!
    kw ladies in navy
    $50 anthropologie giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really loving your hair in the shades it is now. The dark brown and the red, it's really pretty and seems to bring out your features (freckles and your face more) - might just be the sun on your face but I'm blaming the hair, in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm glad to be over the "dyeing my hair every 2 weeks" bit haha

      Delete
  6. Ah i love your tan with your hair colour! You look soo good! Very pretty lady.

    -Jade
    gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busted lip or not, you look great!

    I like the dress quite a bit, and I agree with you - circle skirts were not made for those of us with short legs! I always look super-stumpy in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!
    I think the train station gives it a lovely vintage background for a lovelier vintage dress! You totally are rockin' it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty dress wiht nice colours...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the print and shape of this dress on you. The length definitely doesn't look too long, so I'd guess that the heels did make all the difference! And goodness, how I love Kate Spade's bags. This one is so adorable.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely in that dress, and love the sunglasses. Great with a little bit of history - I need to see that beautiful building when we get to the Nashville area:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i absolutely love when i see a post by you pop up in my bloglovin feed fyi
    i've been reading you for awhile now (maybe a year or two? but i've always been a lurker) and i LOVE your style (as does the world, duh) and i think i subconsciously only wear dresses now (even though i've got stacks of jeans but they never fit right over my hips!) because i see how amazing you look in them every time. plus you post a lot of body positive stuff, along with adorable animals and progressive stuff :)

    i love historical little places like that train station you pictured and it makes me all the more want to take the trip down south (i live in indiana) just so i can see some of that beautiful history (i'm also eager since my boyfriend is a civil war/history major)

    wow i've used enough parenthesis in this comment (why?!) but i just want to say your dress is amazing, your clutch is amazing, the glasses WHAT?! and your shoes dear lord woman i wish we were the same size because i'd buy everything you're selling!

    xo kalie

    ReplyDelete
  13. i absolutely love when i see a post by you pop up in my bloglovin feed fyi
    i've been reading you for awhile now (maybe a year or two? but i've always been a lurker) and i LOVE your style (as does the world, duh) and i think i subconsciously only wear dresses now (even though i've got stacks of jeans but they never fit right over my hips!) because i see how amazing you look in them every time. plus you post a lot of body positive stuff, along with adorable animals and progressive stuff :)

    i love historical little places like that train station you pictured and it makes me all the more want to take the trip down south (i live in indiana) just so i can see some of that beautiful history (i'm also eager since my boyfriend is a civil war/history major)

    wow i've used enough parenthesis in this comment (why?!) but i just want to say your dress is amazing, your clutch is amazing, the glasses WHAT?! and your shoes dear lord woman i wish we were the same size because i'd buy everything you're selling!

    xo kalie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love your style, and tattoos :)

    And swimming at the end of the day is so soothing. I wish we still had a pool. Sounds like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice,you are beautiful and fashion
    http://www.kissydress.fr/robe-de-soiree-sexy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I might try out Threads :) Thanks for the invite! You look lovely.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute little place to take pictures! I'm glad you kept this dress because it's perfect on you. Such a perfect print for summer and the cut is wonderful! Also your sunglasses are the coolest. And the picture with Toby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

HEY! Thanks for dropping by. xo KB