// Mint Ombre

Mint Ombre
Phew! It's so weird to actually use weekends as actual weekends. Back when I was bartending, weekends meant "work work work" and I was never really able to enjoy much of my time. I'd get home from work at quarter til 4 in the morning, then sleep too late and ruin the entire day. Then turn around and do it all over again the next night. I'm incredibly grateful for that phase of my life to be over (though I do miss the easy money!), and the ability to use a Saturday as a Saturday. We spent most of our Saturday in Nashville running errands and having meetings with folks. We snuck in a little time to enjoy a much-needed coffee shop date, too. Then Sunday was spent 100% at my parents' house in the pool. I took Toby over around 9:30am and we didn't come home until 8pm or so. We were basically walking prunes haha Mike spent the first part of the day playing golf with his dad and then joined us later on. I'm already trying to rustle around some work stuff this week to make time for the pool. Seems like that's all I can talk about this year! haha
Mint Ombre
Mint Ombre
I wore this outfit late last week and fell in love with this dress all over again. (I wore it for the first time HERE.) I opted for some mint flats (hey clearance!) and a hot pink cardigan. I had Julep's "Lexie" on my nails and I love all of these colors together. This dress is the perfect summer dress. If you don't own a Nine West dress in this cut, I highly suggest getting one. Pockets, perfect silhouette, and amazing fit... I'm sold! I topped it all off with a vintage camera brooch from Honeybean and some random bangles (including the Golden Leaf from Kintage!) // I have a handful of the vintage camera brooches left from Porter Flea if anyone wants to snag one! Various cameras and sizes, so email me! (kaelahbee at gmail dot com) - First come first served :) 
Mint Ombre
Mint Ombre
Today I'm getting back to my office for the first time since Friday evening, and I plan on knocking everything off of my to do list. Something about Mondays lately... they just get me amped up to get things done! Dedicating weekends to being actual weekends has really helped that, too, I think. This girl has a lot of emails to sort through, painted sign orders to ship, and some messy chlorine hair to sort out. Phew. Wish me luck!

Happy Monday! I hope your week is insanely productive and enjoyable! xo

Nine West dress via TJ Maxx
Target cardigan

Honeybean "Analog" brooch
Forever 21 bangles
Golden Leaf bracelet c/o Kintage
Thrifted clutch
JCPenney flats (clearance!)

22 comments:

  1. I love the combination of the hot pink with the mint, I would have never thought of it! weekends really are the best, especially when you can do whatever you want :)
    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink cardigan with this dress (I need to invest in pink cardigans, and I always forget to!), and those flats are so lovely! And omg, that camera brooch is amazing. I'm so tempted to e-mail you, but I have so many brooches that I don't wear (yet - I think I need to figure out how to wear them, honestly)! Beautiful as always. :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooches are like the perfect little addition to anything almost. You should totally wear them more often! They can make such a statement :D

      Delete
  3. That dress is absolutely adorable! And the fact that you got it at the store where I work- well, at least I work at A TJ's- makes me even more excited! I might just have to go looking for that dress! Also I must say, you are looking very nicely tanned :)

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it fits SO well. I say this every time I wear a Nine West dress, but it's so true. I love them so so much!

      Delete
  4. I love your camera pin! it's so cute! That's the first thing I noticed. But this outfit is really put together! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress! The colors look amazing on you! Your brooch is so cute!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is so flattering on you. Love the cut of it. I MAY need one for myself. Every time you mention the pool, I am reminded that I don't have a swimsuit and it's getting to be the middle of the summer and I haven't been swimming. I need to get my act together! I'm glad you're taking your weekends to spend time with your family do things other than work. I get so stressed out, since I blog full time, if I don't take the weekend to relax, recuperate, and get my thoughts together and planned out. I feel like it helps me stay oragnized, too.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously just 2 days of reprieve is SUCH a help. I feel so much better about life because I devote the weekends to just family and friends. Give it a go!

      Delete
  7. I love your minty/blue dress! The stripes are so pretty for summer. And your clutch is soo cute..love the scallops! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style is to die for! I love your yellow nail polish – a great idea for a pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love those shoes!
    http://thoughtsbykristin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That clutch, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is perfection and those shoes! Those shoes are the most perfect color.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your camera pin is just so cool! I really love the way your pink cardigan looks with your adorable striped dress too. I can definitely see how this is one of your favorite dresses. Pockets make a dress about 250x better in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

HEY! Thanks for dropping by. xo KB